Babushka

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Watermelon Night!

HEY YALL

Today during personal study, i learned a very valuable lesson from Alma 32. When Alma is talking to the Zoramites who were cast out because they were poor, his testimony to them really taught me something important. We must plant the seed of faith within ourselves, and even when we have a hard time having faith, just believe and hoping that faith will come and once it does, the seed will grow. However, that's not enough, just to simply have faith. We need to "exercise" our faith and nurture it and help it to grow. I know that this time in "L" and "M"'s progression in the gospel, is one where all four of us need to exercise our faith; we need to keep the seeds that the spirit has planted in them, and help nurture and care for them. We do this by prayer, and we do this by casting out the doubts and the fears. I will be reading this chapter everytime that the doubts and the fears creep into my mind. 

We had a funny miracle last night. While we were out contacting, we walked passed this 20 year old girl, and said "hello!" she stopped in her place and said, "Oh my! Hi! I know this is probably weird but I have been dreaming about meeting you girls for a really long time. I see you walking on the streets all the time but I haven't had the opportunity to talk with you." Can you say, miracle!? She was short for time because she was on her way to work, but we got her number and we are SO excited to contact her during the week. I know that these elect people are out here in Penza, and this week we will be focusing on finding these elect people. 

This week we are in charge of district training.  Sister Mckell and I are doing ours on finding, and we are going to have a scavenger hunt and hide chocolate in the branch building and tell them to find it. But we'll hide the big candy bars really good and give them instructions how to find them and then once they find them, relate the instructions to the holy ghost and host important it is to have instruction from the holy ghost so that we can find the big russians.. haha it sounds lame but I hope it's good because every training i've been to is reading out of the book and soooooo boring so look. Look at us spicing things up! i hope.

This week we had an activity at the branch and guess what it was called.... "a watermelon night!" and we went, and they had these skits about the history of the watermelon and they had this reeeeeeally terrible song about watermelons. The crowning event was when everyone started dancing... even the babyshik.. it was quite the sight to behold. Our branch president is hilarious and in his prayer he said " please bless that we won't have to pee too much after we eat so much watermelon." Russians, having no shame even when they talk to God! It was fun and it was a great turn out. 

So I told you how we gave up chocolate while "L" and "M" quit smoking... well... something terrible happened. They didn't come to church for a third time before their baptism.. so now we have to reschedule their baptism. It's really sad beacuse they really were looking forward to it... but it's also really sad because now sister mckell and I can't eat chocolate this saturday. haha but that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that they can't get baptized this week... and it's also bad because they haven't been answering our phone calls and last time this happened, we couldn't get in contact with them fro 2 weeks. So I'm just praying for a miracle over here. I know that with God they can do all things. I know that it's impossible for them to quit smoking without the help of the Lord. I have been being taught by the lord lately that we really can't do anything without his help. I can't learn this language without his help: I can't find his elect children without his help. I am so grateful to have the knowledge that he is ALWAYS here and there for us. Never forget to rely on him... because you literally can't do anything without him. HE IS THERE! I know this is true. 

I pray for you all and miss you and love you all the most!!!


love sissy hayster :) 

 Fancy train ride food

No comments:

Post a Comment