Babushka

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 9


So.. on monday i will be on a big plane in the sky flying to my new home for the next sixteen months of my life. I am so nervous! It's scary knowing that all that I am comfortable with and all that I know is just going to vanish for a little while. But that also is so exciting. Let me just tell you what- I am in LOVE with the Russian people already. On monday this week we skyped a Russian woman named cectpa hale. She is from russia, is about 54 years old, and she is a dream. We taught a lesson about how like alma the younger found joy from sharing the gospel, we as missionaries and members can feel that joy too by sharing our testimony with others. 

At the end of the lesson we committed her to share her testimony with two people and she was so stoked to do it. She was a member, I neglected to mention. It was so awesome though. I felt so full of love and I felt so uplifted. She bore us her testimony and I can't even begin to tell you..... When russians have a testimony, IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO THEM. She had one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard, and I couldn't even understand every word that she said. I know that heavenly father called me to russia for many many MANY reasons that I will find out soon and someday in the future, but one of those reasons was revealed to me as I skyped cectpa hale. The strong testimonies the Russians have are a testimony to me that this gospel is TRUTH. I feel my testimony strengthen every time I speak gospel chat with russian people and I hope that one day my testimony can be as strong as those members that are over there. 

I have been really nervous. Remember when I was younger i had anxiety? and I would do this thing when i had anxiety where I would breathe really deeply and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. Guess what's back with a vengeance? THAT SAME BREATHING THING! So annoying. But I know it is just anxiety and it will go away. I know this because once I have a new companion who is SO enthusiastic about getting out and sharing the gospel, and having a companion that really loves me, then I know that my anxieties will go away. I have a strong testimony that I learn to love, FAST. I hated the MTC the first three weeks. But now I seriously love it so much here I am not even ready to leave. I just know that will be the same thing each area that I serve in Russia. Shoot, it's coming so fast.

It was a MEGA BLESSING last night! We had the opportunity to hear from ANOTHER APOSTLE!!! hah nah just kidding. It was a member from the 70. He is called brother Schwitzer. I know it wasn't a coincidence that he came to speak to us either beacuse guess what? HE WAS A MISSION PRESIDENT IN YEKATERINBURG RUSSIA not too long ago!! He shared so many stories as did his wife. My favorite being this: "We were at a christmas party in Moscow. An elder was just fresh into the field and was with his companion who had been out for over a year. At the christmas party, the companion that was out for a year sat in the corner and read a grammar book. The one that was fresh into the field was speaking broken russian to every member and THEY LOVED HIM! They didn't care if he conjegated a verb correctly- because they could feel of his love. That same missionary had great success because he loved everybody and everybody loved him, and in turn the members helped him in the lessons. He loved his mission while the other companion just worried too much about mastering the language. In turn the members weren't too fond of him." 

attention earthlings: Russian's DON'T care if you can't speak their language. As long as you try then that's all that matters. PLUS, they have this really weird fascination with american people so hey..... maybe they'll like me just fine, we'll see. 

This helped me so much because i am STRESSIN about this language. I have so much to learn. I feel in a lot of ways that my growth in the language has been hindered because of all the crap (yes, crap. i know i sound dramatic but for realsssss) I have delt with with my companion. But at the same time, I have learned patience that I wouldn't have been able to learn ANY other way than from being companions with her. I seriously have so much patience that I know will help me in the field. That's the quality I have really adapted here too, as well as recognizing the spirit. Anyway, it was a really great talk and I knew that it was meant for us because I know that I don't need to stress at all. Stress is a waste of energy. everything will work out!

Today was my last time at the temple for 16 months. I got really emotional in the celestial room. Going to the temple really is like going home. I am going to miss the spirit in there. I had AN AMAZING experience in there where my prayers were answered. I prayed that I could be comforted and that I could receive revelation about what I need to do to be able to speak to the Russian people and to not be afraid. I had a lot of faith that my prayer would be answered from reading the scriptures. I flipped open to D&C 100. No lie. no coincidence. EVERYONE GO AND READ THAT RIGHT NOW!! it was so rad. It basically fits my circumstances to a T. such a chudo! (miracle) It talks about how the work is being spread to "the eastern land" (uhm...russia.) and how I don't need to fear because heavenly father and christ are always with me and they will fill my mouth with words if I just open my mouth and that the holy ghost will help my words turn to testify to the people I teach so that they may know this gospel too. I know the same is for you my dear people. I promise you that every time you have a question, you can ask heavenly father and then open your scriptures and I PROMISE that within 30 minutes your prayer will be answered. BUT you must have faith that your prayer will be answered. and I promise it will. 

That time has finally come. this is my last pday at the mtc. This is my last time being around what I love and what I know for 16 months. I just want to thank you all for ALL the love that you show me. From packages, to letters, to prayers which I can feel. Thank you all so much. I really couldn't have done this without you all. Each and every one of you. AH i love you all so much it makes me SICK! SICK I TELL YOU!!! 

Now. never forget this: Heavenly Father loves each of you. I know this because I feel and see his love for me, and I feel and see it in others. I know that he will never leave us alone, he will never leave us comfortless, and he will always ALWAYS be there for us. I challenge ya'll to pray when you have a question, have faith, then read your scriptures and within 30 minutes you will receive an answer. I know this because i do this at least twice a week and each time I receive help from Heavenly Father. WE are his children, it is up to US to love one another and exude enthusiasm and love for everyone. Why? Because life is just too hard as it is. laugh, love, and eat lots of oreos because when I do, I laugh and love because they're just so tasty. and also remember that we are never comfortless. We can always pray!

But seriously, I love this gospel. I love you all so much. Thanks for all you are and all you do. I can't wait to go meet my Russian people and find my friends I promised I would find! It's hard work but when you love EVERYONE, things aren't so hard anymore. I can't do this without the spirit and I know that he has been with me every step of the way.

Anyway, yes. I am so happy to be here. I am so happy to have so many blessings. You are all blessings to me and I can't wait to see you all in sixteen months. But until then.... Dos Vidanya pokoy! 

Love cectpa hayster
my teacher brat holt. He's such a gem! We had to say goodbye to him because he moved to NYC. But he brought candy in from his mission. It's the funniest typo ever. I am going to miss him. He's such a great human. haha POOPING CANDY!
 loving my shishter kline
some of our elders being backstreet boys. I just think it's hilarious. When you spend nine weeks at the MTC you start to think everything is funny, even stupid stuff like this hahaha.
 the borken glass+sis Gish
sister gish let us go have class outside and let us buy treats and drinks. well they don't have bottle openers here at the MTC so the poor elder choate had to kick the glass which ended up cutting him and this was the result. What else would you expect from russian missionaries? BLOOD.
 me and my teacher cectpa gish traded shoes for the day. SHE'S THE BEST I love her!
cute ruby and jon's package! raspberries! and roses and lollies and a cute magnent (i don't know how to spell anymore) I was in heaven.
 I have been craving them this whole time. I swear she can just read my mind!
 more raspberries! thanks so much seriously!
saying goodbye to cute president heaps. I LOVE THIS MAN. He is seriously an angel. 
Imagine bishop Egbert X10.

No comments:

Post a Comment