Babushka

Monday, June 2, 2014

WEEK 8. is this real life?


So...... I have 12 days left here at the MTC.... and I never thought I would say that I never want to leave this place! I love it here so much. Its weird how foreign things can grow on you. I know that will happen once i go to russia. I have this suspicious feeling that my first area is going to be Tolyatti but, you never know! I only know of Tolyatti because that's where they make their Russian cars. Remember that BBC documentary mum n dad? and the naked bath house? hahaha russians.

what else is new.... I SAW ANOOOOTTTHHHHHER apostle last night. Russel M Nelson came! WHOOWEE! He is such a sweet little spirit. Oh i just love him. His wife gave the BEST talk about how we as missionaries forget one quality that we need to adapt. What is that quality? "DESPERATION." 

She just spoke about how we need to be desperate to find the Lord's children because when we are desperate, we see miracles. When we give all we can and can't give anymore, we become desperate and that's when the Lord takes over the wheel. AH it was exactly what I needed to hear because I feel a lot of times that I am not working hard enough. I feel that I am but I feel that Heavenly Father is like, "c'mon Hailey! You have so much more to give!" And it's true. I really just need to focus on becoming desperate in my studies, desperate in finding people to teach, and desperate for oreos. hahaahaha didn't see that one comin did you?

Anyway it was a really awesome talk. Then Elder Nelson spoke and it was really great. He spoke about how we don't need to worry about so much. He said that we are like car motors. We really can't fulfill our potential if we are just parked. So once we hit the ground running in our missions, we will be able to drive and just pick up the language and other skills necessary for missionary life. Something else that he said that I really loved was "True repentance is conversion, and true conversion is repentance." ANOTHER CRAZY THING. I have heard so many speakers (apostles and members of 70) say this phrase while here at the MTC, "Many of your missions will change before you complete your missions." So... apparently there is this big secret about new missions opening up and I am excited to see what happens because Russia is giaaaaaaanormous as you know, so they will probably make tons and tons of missions. Russians are taking over the WORRRRLDDDD!!!! 

OH MY WEIRDEST THING HAPPENED THIS WEEK!!! So my teacher brother froelich. You would all love him. He's the weirdest human. He served in the baltics. Anyway, COME TO FIND OUT, he went to snow the same time me and Hayd did! AND EVEN WEIRDER, is that he was a piano major and I have seen him perform several times because he would perform in the same concerts bonnie would! So weird. 

BON He was friends with spencer amndot. I totoally remember him now too. Anyway, we found this out because we were teaching him as the progressing investigator named anton, and I was showing him my photo album and I was like "eta mayo seemyoo" meaning "this is my mom, dad, blah blah blah" then all the pictures of my hayd came and I was like "Eta moi preeyatell!" meaning, this is my boyfriend! and he was just staring at his photo. and then he saw the picture of bonnie and was like WHAT?!!??!??!?!? Because they were friends at Snow! they were both piano majors. Anyway, SMALL WORLD HUH?! I told him that I was at the music building a lot because I would wait for Hayd to get out of class and he was like "yeah I am pretty sure I have seen/talked to your boyfriend before!" AHH the world is so small. Makes me so happy though. I'm the biggest freak when I find out that people know my Hayd... he is just the precious! 

I did sealings for the first time at the temple today with sister kline. It was so awesome. God really is a genius and so full of love. When I think of him, I get emotional because of all the love he has shown me and given me in my life. I thank him every day for each of you. I already see how much my time away on my mission is helping me to grow. The BIGGEST lesson i have learned here is PATIENCE. Seriously... i think we all know what i am referring to right about right now.

Mike and Spenc sent me a usb drive that record audio which was so rad! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU TWO!!! AHHHH  It came from amazon and it's from china. The chinese translations in the instruction paper were HILARIOUS. my favorite part was "Keep away from the land of dust." hahaha uhm... yes. The land of dust. Beware! BEWARE. serisouly. I love yo guys. I think that I will try to send the audio clips i have made once I get to russia and the computers aren't psycho like they are here at the MTC. If the files are too big there too, then I will just fill up the USB and send it in the mail and you will get it a month later! then dump it and hopefully send back if it's not too pricy. you are so thoughtful. Thanks so much!

RUBY AND JOHN!!!! thank you so much for the package. I went to town on the muffins. You are the best! I can't wait to paint my toesies with that nail polish! AND it's like you can read my mind. I really have been wanting a portable brush to stick in my purse so thanks for making that happen! Thanks for the story in the card. I am working on adapting my views of life to be grateful for what I have. Because in the end, monetary worldly things don't matter. It's all about how we treat others and what we are doing to share our love! anyway, thanks for uplifting me. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

MOM AND DAD. Gourmandise? Is that a sick joke? I feel so spoiled. I LOVE the earrings and I have been wearing them all week. I have been slowly savoring those treats all week. I can't believe how much you love me. Thanks for everything. For all of it! i love you. I havne't checked for the package today, but I will do that hopefully tonight. You're too good to me you know! thanks for figuring out my debit card situation. YOU ARE ANGELS I SAY! 

Can you believe 2 months are already gone in my mission? well... 2 months in 11 days. Time flies when you're having fun. This seriuosly is so fun. So exhausting, so hard. But so. FUN. I love stretching myself, and I love the testimonies of others that I get to hear all the time here. The cool thing is they haven't kicked me out yet! Ya'll know I'm a spazz. It's a miracle I tell you. A miracle. 

Not much else to report. Other than I love you all and I really am the most blessed of all the missionaries in all the lands! Thanks for loving me. For writing me, for sending me goodies, for helping me feel loved here at the MTC. I know you will all help me feel loved through the wavelengths of telepathy too once I get to russia. Don't even think about sending me packages unless you want your bank account to be 000000. (this excludes you Ben. you have priveledges hahaha) 

I love yo all so much! I will send photos now. Thanks for being the cutes! I admire you all. tserkov istinna! 

love sister cectpa hayster 
ran into my friend jeremy at the temple. He secretly went to say hi to his sister who is next to him. she is in texas now
 Sunday night with my best gal pals here!
 package from mama and papa!

singing russian hymns with my pals on sunday night. Cectpa mackey even ditched her spanish people! it's allowed though, since she's a solo sister.
 Ruby and John's package! 
 the roses bloomed!!!
typical m n cectpa mackey. It's so weird calling her that. Her name is ana and that's all i ever wanna call her these days.  love these gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment