Babushka

Monday, August 4, 2014

short email again this week

Our time is short because of this questionaire we had to take. So sorry in advance for that.

As most of you know, one of my best pals Harrison Robbins passed away. He played a major role in my life and a major role in everyones lives because he is just a light with infectious humor and love for all those he knew. I testify that the atonement is real and that as we rely fully on the lord we receive comfort, joy, and peace. I know that Harrison is finally at peace, and that death in this life is just a short interruption in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for all you taught me about loving others, music, joy, and how to just BE happy. Harry, we love you, and we will see you soon. 

It's been a rough week as far as mission life goes. However, we witnessed many miracles. This one night which was particularly difficult. We went knocking these domes and i knocked on this door and a sweaty old man came out. I prayed "heavenly father i have no desire to work. No desire to speak russian, please help me." and that was exactly what he did. He gave me the words I needed to tell this man. I CANT speak russian! it's almost hilarious really. It's so hard but I love the challenge and i know that as I rely on christ and turn myself over to him, I receive his blessings. I can testify to you that the gift of tongues is real and that I was able to say what I needed to say. I told that man about the importance of church and it just was flowing out of my mouth and I knew it wasn't me. It was all the Lord and I know that as we turn ourselves over to him, he blesses us tenfold. In Mosiah 3 verse 19 it talks about how the lord gives us afflictions so that we submit ourselves to him. I know this is true and I love it because I receive so much love and comfort and humility as I do so. The church is true. Never forget the Lord when afflictions come! He is ALWAYS there.

We go to Saratov tonight on exchanges. It's going to be such a blast. I know, I know what you're thinking. "DANGER! THE SARATOV APPROACH OH NO!" But it's all good my people. Because I know that I am protected by angels! I testify of it because I have felt their presence many times in many situations here in Russia. PLUS Russia reeeeeally isn't that dangerous. It's so beautiful and lovely and the people are just a treat. 

Well, you're all a treat too. I love you so much .Thanks for your prayers and support. I pray for you always and love you all ALWAYS!


love, shishter tweeeeeeeeeede


 russia out the taxi window. samara
ran into kolby my pal at zone conference haha

just a scary picture for my mama hahahaha gotcha
 matching hair
squeezing sister hancock
I wasn't wearing a shopka so this sweetest oldest babushka put one on my head hahaha
 BAD ADVERTISING
and also i hate this photo of me it's ugly but it's so russian so you just gotta love it. 
watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment