Babushka

Monday, August 11, 2014

I ate it... hard.


So the STUPIDIST thing just happened. I was leaning on the keyboard here in the library as I was writing this email and then guess what.My arm hit the keyboard and made the text on the screen MICROSCOPIC!! hahaha someone get me GLASSES PLEASE! 

Pretty funny especially because that really only would happen to me. OH my. OH but wait! Sissy C just showed me how to fix it so now it is big again. LIfe is allll better. 

DAD THANKS FOR THE WEDDING PHOTOS OF MY TWO BEST GALS!!! MOST BEAUTIFUL BRIDES EVER!!! MOM THANKS FOR STAYING UP LATE I LOVE YOU!

THANKS MARY KNAPHUS FOR THE WEDDING INVITE! i JUST LOVE MY RIA AND BRENTON! HAYLEY MCDONALD AND BRADEN, YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE AND YOUR WEDDING DAY LOOKED MAGNIFICENT AND PERFECT!! So did your ria and b :) 

Thanks nellies for the letter!!! seriously THANKS FOR THE SNAIL MAIL! I got it yesterday. I loved it so much. You're the best and cato and moags you are beautiful GARRGEOUS and perry is so big! what the!

Thanks skyler for the letter! Also, can someone please make sure Skyler Ryser reads this email? He's Wht's friend. SKYLER THANKS FOR THE LETTER YOU SENT ME! Of course I remember who you are ya nut! I actually forgot that you served in ukraine but it's all coming back to me now. Seriously your letter really lifted me up, i have been going through some rough things right now so thank you! And yes, I am in LOVE with these russian peopel. Some of the best people ever huh? It'll be a blast to speak russian to you when I get home. But I am scared because you have been studying for years now. I won't be surprised if you never understand my russian haha. Most people don't. Anyway, thanks so much! You're a pal!!! And good luck with work and I really am sorry about what has been happening with your life. Just know heavenly father has a different plan and that you can ALWAYS trust him!

Alright folks, being a missionary is so different, but I also love it, but I am trying to learn how to REEEEALLY love it. It's been getting easier to love because we have been working with members on the streets a lot more and oh my gosh I LOVE the members. They're so great here! Working with the members has been awesome. We had a member with us basically every night this past week and we met some really cool people and also visited with less actives and guess what? WE GOT 4 LESS ACTIVES TO COME TO CHURCH! It was such a miracle so cool. That may not seem like much, but that's so much in russia!

 We had a pretty cool day yesterday. Our mission president came to our city and oh my gosh he's a spiritual giant. Like,,,,, i seriously don't think he has ever done a foolish thing in his life. and he is a master of the scriptures! Anyway, it was just such a great thing. I learned a lot from him. mom n dad  I can't wait for you to meet him and sister schwab! Angel dream puffs i tell you what. 

We had a cool miracle yesterday though. We were contacting and were looking at the ground, looked up and saw this lady with sunglasses on and we were like "HI!" and she stopped walking (which is so rare here) and said "hi!" Anyway, turns out that this lady prays in the name of jesus Christ, like us. She believes in the god head, like us. She told us she has read the bible inside out several times and that she loves it so much. We ended up teaching her the restoration on the street! It was so cool. We gave her the book of mormon and testified of it, and she promised us she would read it. I wish you could've seen the light in her eyes, it truly was amazing. She was really weird about giving us her number, but we have faith that she will call us soon. She better... or else i will pounce on her and step on her sunglasses. haha not really, but maybe.

We were out contacting after a lesson that we had with our investigators. OKAY so our investigators "L" "M" and their 7 year old daughter "K" have a baptismal date for august 23. well, they have to come to church twice in order to be baptized on that date and they didn't show up yesterday so now they can't get baptized on that date. We tried to call them and even dropped by their house and they were gone and their neighbors were telling us things like "they're NOT good people. They are severe alcoholics and they neglect their daughters." We have been giving them the benefit of the doubt but... it is true. They are alcoholics and they do neglect their babies. We just want to help them so much but I just don't know if they can keep comittments. super sad but we will pray to know what to do. 

This email is called I ate it... hard... and here is the story:

The other night we were running so late. It was 9:26pm and it was so dark because the street lights here are like soviet age! And I couldn't see. And we are literally sprinting home because we were far away and then the unthinkable happened. I fell. Flat. On. My FACE!!! so hialrious!!!! but not because i started crying because it reeeeally hurt. HAha go ahead and laugh i know I'm a big baby! I Bruised my elbow and beat up both my knees, so I can't kneel and pray (how disobdedient of me!) haha it's all good though, because they're healing so nicely and I have some cool wounds to show everyone.

That's all folks. Love you all so much. Thanks for you love and support you're all dreams. Miss you and I am so happy to have you all in my life. I pray for you, and never forget that you can ALWAYS pray too!!

love sissy T

 working with sissy bussmann in saratov!
 elelvator selfies
 fun nights in saratov
 love her
 place called prokrov
 i ate it haha see?

 we ordered a pizza! so tasty.
 me + cat = it's true love
 russian gardens in the shaaade
 scary russian illustration on the bus 
 cat hat. I AM NOT ALLERGIC TO THIS CAT CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!??!?!?!? 

 funniest cat 
 cami i took this creepy photo for you
 look at  those eyes. ps this cats name is alyssa hahahaha
good times

No comments:

Post a Comment