Babushka

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I love Balakova

It's true. It's just a quaint little place, and SOOOO many miracles are happening over here!

This week has been kind of rough though, not going to lie about that one. It is soooo weird being in a new area, but I love the change. It really is exactly what I needed and I am so stoked to see what the Lord has in store for me to learn as I serve him here in Balakova with Sister Martinez. She's Mexican and is so spicy i love it. She is a latin dancer so she's definitely got some sass, but she's LITERALLY the kindest little mouse I ever did see. She's just a petite little spice queen and I love her! She's really just so nice and it makes me feel so mean because she’s just so sweet and sensitive.  I feel so incredibly fortunate to serve with her at this time. 

The Branch. Oh my. I LOVE our branch. It's really little, made up of about 28ish people. The members that come are so solid and I have just been in awe at how amazing our war mission leader is. his name is "J" and EVERYNIGHT he coordinates a member to be with us. Every SINGLE night! It's incredible. Even the really old grandmas in the branch come out with us. They're just so funny. This branch really understands how important missionary work is, and how important it is that we work together! Last night we met with a member and worked with a member, both Babyshki. We talked about charity and it was so great, and one of them was in tears. I felt right at home though, and I already feel really close to those two members. They're just so friendly! There was a DIane Naylor in Penza named “V”, and guess what? There's ANOTHER “V” in Balakova who is Diane Naylor too! Diane, You're ALLLLLL over Russia. :) It's been so great though, and all their testimonies have strengthened mine. I am trying to stay positive and know that this is where the Lord needs me at this time. It's just hard because I really miss Penza. Yesterday our mission president was here and I had an interview with him and told him that i cried and cried when I left Penza and he said "Good! You should!" haha it was way funny it caught me off guard, but then he just said how that's what should happen because it just is evidence that you really love the people with whom you serve. I think he said it to make me feel better, though. Because we alllll know I cry the most! Lately I have been praying to be filled with Christ's love and I have been doing it so much that I just want to cry all the time! I really feel his love. I studied the atonement this morning, and it's just incredible to me to see how everything is so finely crafted. Heavenly Father really truly is the master craftsman. I am so grateful for the atonement! I know that EVERYthing goes back to the atonement and every single question we have in life can be answered by the atonement of Jesus Christ.

SO many miracles. I feel like the people here are really prepared to hear the Gospel. 
Yesterday we had to take a taxi home because we had so many Books of Mormon (happy day!) and the man who drove us asked about us, so we told him we are missionaries here. Then he said I don't get it, if there's one God then why are there so many churches? and he also asked "Where do Proveslovni batyshki get their authority anyway?" News flash, they don't have any authority. We said “A” EVERY question you have can be answered as you read this book." Then gave him the Book of Mormon. He then told us he is interested in meeting so we have that soon! Just sooo many miracles like that have been happening, and we have just been giving out Books of mormon like crazy it's just incredible.

We had a meeting the other night with a potential. There is a recent convert in our area named “AY” and she moved here from Ukraine to escape all of the troubles going on over there. She lives in this community home for all the Ukranian refugees. Well, “AY” has SO many friends who have also moved here from Ukraine. “A” just got baptized last week, and some of her friends came to her baptism. We had a meeting the other night with one of those friends, named “AN”. We taught the Restoration. It was such a testimony strengthener to me, because our lesson was REALLY rough, as far as teaching went. Sister Martinez both really relied on the Spirit, and because we did that, the Lord took our efforts and made something amazing happen. After we taught the first vision, we just testified really powerfully, and the Spirit was so incredibly strong. We said "AN” as you come to know that this is true, you will desire to follow Christ's example and be baptized. We will be having a baptism on January 31st. Will you prepare for this date? and she said "Yeah, if i'm not working..." AND THEN she said "I've been thinking about baptism a lot lately ever since “AY’s” baptism." We then explained that if she is working on that day, the Lord WILL give her a way for her to be baptized. She agreed. It was such an incredibly experience and I really gained a testimony that night that it is NOT about how well we speak this language, it's not about how terribly we speak the language, it's not about anybody except Jesus Christ, and only Christ can touch the hearts of these people. Once it starts becoming about us, how well/or poor we speak, which talents we have/lack, then it ceases to be the Lord's work. 

I love you all so much my family and friends. I pray for you all. I invite you ALL tongiht to just read one chapter from the book of mormon. You will find answers in there. Don't take it from me, try it! Just give it a go, and see how the Lord can answer your prayers today.

I love you all, you're all the BEST of the RESTus!!!

Love, Hayster sissy

P.S. Pretend I am hugging you right now!

I also forgot to mention I worked in saratov the other day. It was freezing there. ALSO WE ALMOST HAVE A STAKE HERE IN SARATOV!!!! IT'S COMING and it'll be the 3rd stake in russia. It's going to be incredible, and I know that it WILL happen because the Lord is just pouring his blessings out all over this land. SO rad. Well, that's all for now.

LOVE YOU!!


P.S. Tell Gill at Smiths “Hi” and also Daniel at Royal India! Tell them to travel safely. I hope you all travel safely too. LOVE TO YOU ALL!
 The creepiest door on the block

We ate Carls Junior and it was THE TASTIEST!
 Me and sister Mckell's last day working together. We cried.

Cute little doll temple in saratov
Pretty temple in Samara

Going to SPACE!
 I was in the best district ever! Our last photo together at the train station at 5am.
THE TARHOON TRUCK!! Best drinks ever. I'm obsessed.
Last time in center city Penza
New years with "L"

No comments:

Post a Comment