Babushka

Monday, January 5, 2015

BYE PENZA, see you soon Sissy McKell! HELLOOOO BALAKOVA and heeeyyy Sissy Martinez :)

BIG CHANGES around here. 

I GOT TRANSFERRED!!!! My first transfer! Well, my sixth, but I finally left Penza. I was so sad I just cried and cried and cried saying see ya later to my friends and family there. I am in Samara right now, but I have been assigned to serve in a tiny city called Balakova, which is 3.5 hours away from Saratov. It's right on the Volga river and apparently all the grandmas live there, so I'm STOKED. There is nothing I love more than Russian Grandmas. jk i love you family and friends. It was so difficult to say bye to my friends in Penza, but I know that this is were the Lord needs me at this time. I'm so scared though, I think my stomach is going to fall out of my butt. hahahaha but really it might. My companion is SOOOO sweet too. Her name is Sister Martinez and you better believe she's mexican! We knew each other in the MTC, and she's one cycle older than me in the mission. She is the sweetest, and I remember having a conversation with her in the MTC about how I am stressed about holding my farts in around my companions and she said she is too. Then I made her promise me at the MTC if we ever served together that we would just let em' rip. She agreed, so thank HEAVENS that's outta the way! hahaha

My last week in Penza was a great one, and I was so nervous when we received transfer calls. When I heard that I will be serving in Balakova with Sister Martinez, I instantly felt the Spirit tell me that it is exactly what needs to happen at this time. I am really excited/nervous to be in a new area, but I know that with the Lord all things are possible and that we don't need to have doubts and fears. We had an interesting discussion in relief society yesterday. The topic was, "How can we love ourselves?" There were a lot of answers shared, but I came to the conclusion/realization that we can truly love ourselves and love others once we realize that we are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, and that he has a personal plan for each and every one of us. REally! it's just so cool. Once we realize that he is our Father, we realize that without the atonement of Jesus Christ, we would always have a guilty conscience. I really feel guilty for the lack of things that I didn't do while I was in Penza, but I repented and had a way cool experience. I just prayed the night that I found out that I will be in Balakova, and I just gave the Lord all the efforts that I had given, apologized for the efforts I didn't fully give, and then the Spirit was so strong. I really felt the Lord accepts my efforts and I really am SO grateful that Christ atoned for our sins, so that we can always, ALWAYS be forgiven. I am SO grateful that I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father.  You're his children! It is such a great knowledge to have once we realize the significance of that. This year, that is going to be my focus. to NEVVVVAH 4GET! 

I have been reflecting this passed week about the miracles that I have seen my whole 7 months spent in Penza. I really saw a lot of miracles that have really strengthened my testimony. One of the biggest miracles that I've seen, is the miracle that Heavenly Father is always teaching us lessons. Especially when times are so difficult, and we are being stretched beyond belief,  there is always a lesson to be learned, just like I mentioned  last week when I said we are always being taught from on high. I have come to know that trials themselves really are miracles, because I have been able to gain a testimony of the gospel, and the knowledge that God really is our Father. It's really been a miracle to me, and then sharing that knowledge with others really is a miracle.  It's just the best even when it's the worst and you just want to give up and cry, it's just worth it. All of it, and life itself really is a miracle. There was a really big miracle at church yesterday. it was soooo cool! A young man and woman about the age of 24 came into sacrament meeting, sat there, and then left shortly after. The elders chased behind them, and found out that those people were just a couple of people who we missionaries gave an invitation to come to church, and they decided to check it out. There are soooo many elect people here in Russia, it's nuts. And  it was just a testimony to me, that the Lord will always work things out, and that contacting really is such a crucial part of the work here even though sometimes it's the worst haha.

I feel really nervous to serve in Balakova, but I know that it's where the Lord needs me at this time, and that knowledge is comforting to me. I am so sad to leave sister Mckell, but I know that she has big things to do in Penza! Also shes now a sister training leader and guess where she gets to go on exchanges to? BALAKOVA!! She is also training a new sister coming in named sister thomas. It'll be so fun to work with her again soon:) I am so grateful for her influence on me. She has taught me so much, and I will forever be grateful for her. She has really more than anything taught me to love mission life and to love this work. Sometimes it is really difficult to love this work. BUT, this work isn't about me, it's about these people, and it's about serving the Lord. And I am really excited to serve with Sister Martinez. She's such a light, and has such a strong testimony. 

Your new years sounds so fun. HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!!  We spent new years inside! We had to be inside after 6 and we made sweet rolls which was just a fail. Well it was funny because we left them on the counter and then guess what they were infested with? ANNNTSSSS!! I hate ants, and I will not miss them at all when I come home. Lietrerally.... so many dang ants. I am hoping its just a penza thing. We even saw the queen ant and you bet that we killed her first. Literally hundreds of ants. Adult ants, teenager ants, even tiny baby ants that look like tiny dots. One time I even found them crawling on my retainer! SOOOO FREAKY. 

I love you all, thanks for all you do for me. You're the bestand I pray for you all always.

LOVE YOU!


Love sissy T

ps we went to the rinok in bezzi today and I bought new boots.... they're dang sweet. Suede with a gold zipper with a tassle. Super Cheap too!


ALRIGHT SEE YA!


Until next time... when I'm in BALAKOVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment