Babushka

Friday, October 10, 2014

I ate caviar that was imported..... from Moscow.

It was the tastiest caviar and it was also insane. It was at "K's" house! the one with the tattoo and the nice nice house, remember? Well basically she is a milionairre and it was nuts. Sister Mckell hated it and i kinda did too because it was A LOT. Super rich and fishy. But hey, now I have a cool story to tell when I'm home!

Transfers are coming next week and I don't know if i will be staying in penza :( i really hope so though because there is so much work for sister mckell and i here! I love her too much and I love our investigators too much.

A wayyyyyyy cool miracle happened this past week.. "L" and "M" FINALLY answered their phones! "L" called us and asked us to go over to their house the other night, and told us that she really needed our help. We went over, and our member help just talked and talked and it was really a frustrating moment, and I was so frustrated because we hadn't spoken with "L" and "M" for 2 weeks and when we asked them what happened, they acted like everything was fine, but it wasn't beacuse last week "L" called us, clearly she was out drinking at a bar, and said some things that only drunk people say like... "YOU'RE NEVER THERE FOR ME WHEN TIMES ARE HARD!"  Well, anyway it was a crazy lesson we had with them. "M" and "L" told us that they have the desire to stop drinking and smoking, but they don't have the will power. They then told us that they had been talking with a hypnotist who said that he could cure them of their addictions and desires to drink and smoke. For one of the first times in my life the spirit literally welled up within me, and i just started bawling. I don't really remember what I said because it was the spirit working through me, but I do remember telling them, "you are NOT going to find a cure to this through a hypnotist, or from anyone or ANYTHING else. The only one that can help you through this is Jesus Christ." The room went silent, and the spirit was really strong. Even their crazy 2 year old just stopped and stared. At the end of the lesson, "L" begged us to come back to their house the next day, which we did. We talked with them about repentance when we went back to them, and reset their baptismal date to november 8th. I really hope that they will committ to this, and see that baptism is a lifelong committment. 

Creepy story of the week.The other night, evil spirits followed us home. It was really creepy. We started our planning with prayer, and guess what? sister mckell couldn't even speak and she was just shaking and it was really scary. I started to rebuke the spirits and I almost couldn't speak either. I offered a fast prayer and just asked God with his priesthood to rebuke the spirits that followed us home that night. It's really cool because we sisters don't have the priesthood, and president Schwab told me once before that we sisters have the power to call down the blessings of heaven. I know it's true because I have called for those blessings many times here on my mission. Anyway, the priesthood is REAL, It was way cool too because we just felt angels fill the room and we felt really safe. It was really scary for a little bit though. Satan definitely has power, but God's power is FAR more powerful and he will ALWAYS overpower the adversary.

One more really cool miracle happened on Wednesday. We were on splits working with the sister training leaders. Sister Johnson (i loooove this gal) and I had an appointment with a less active named "V". He's so kind and nobody gives him the time of day because he's kinda strange, but he really just comes off that way. He's actually a very smart man!  It really was an incredible experience because as we were doing personal study, I thought of these little photos that I have of temples. We had planned the night before to talk about the word of wisdom, due to the fact that sister Mckell and I saw him smoking on the streets a week prior. We also wanted to encorporate temples, and how our bodies are temples from god. Well, during companionship study, we were sharing our insights we received, and both sister johnson and I felt strongly to bring those little temple photos with us to our meeting with "V". We listened to that prompting, and brought them with us to our lesson. It was really great because when we got there, our member help "I" just bluntly asked "so are you going to prepare to go to the temple!?" "I"! SPOILER!!!  THAT WAS OUR COMMITTMENT! 
      Anyway, it was perfect because he said, "yes that is definitely where I want to go." We started our lesson by showing "V" the temple photos and asked him what words came to his mind. He said clean, holy, the place where god lives and where I want to be too. It was weird because he told us that it wasn't hard for him to quit smoking, and that he really only smokes 1 cigarette a day. I asked why he even smoked then if it wasn't hard to quit. He then told us that it was Satan tempting him, and we assured him that yes, it was Satan, and that he didn't want "V" to go to the temple. We asked "will you quit smoking in two months?" he said "No." .........................................."I will quit in 2 WEEKS!" How great is that!? He doesn't hold the priesthood either, so we are going to be doing a lot of work to help him be ready for everything. It's great because the branch wants to plan a temple trip soon and we know that he will be ready by the time that trip comes. He asked us at the end if he could keep the little photos of the temples so that "I can look at them each day to remind me that the temple is my goal!" and of course we said yes. At church yesterday, he says, "SISTER TWEDE, LOOK!" and shows me his screen saver, which was a picture of the temple. It's such a blessing and a miracle to see these people feel the holy ghost and strive to do better, I know that with faith and prayers he will be ready to go to the temple. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!

We found a gal named "E".  She's way rad! she told us "I think it's so cool that you dress modest.? and "i don't drink or smoke either!" basically she's super prepared and she jumped up and down when we gave her the book of mormon after our lesson. 

Anway that's all for the week. I love you all and keep you all in my prayers always~!!!! love you!!!!

WE JUST GOT TRANSFER CALLS AND WE ARE STAYING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


love sissy T

fur hat... getting ready for winter.
baby fur hats
 beautimous sister mckell
sister training leaders
 the paper factory at night
 chastnee domes

No comments:

Post a Comment