Babushka

Friday, September 4, 2015

"L" has a boyfriend?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY CLAREY!!! I can't believe that you are 2!!!!!!!! The time just flies. I have a lot of good memories with you. When you were 7 months old, Whitney put lemonade into your mouth and you HATED IT! and you clung to me and squeezed your little arms around my neck because you were mad at your mom for doing that. But you really didn't have it bad because my mom used to put lemon slivers into my mouth!

One time when you were about 6 months old, I was babysitting you after work one day. We were sitting on the couch and I was sitting with my knees up and I had you in my lap. Well, there was a black remote next to me and I took it and ran the little string attached to it across your face and you just started giggling and giggling and giggling. And then, I took the remote and pushed it lightly into your cheek while I made a buzzing sound and you............ just............ LOST IT!!! hahahaha you were BUSTING up laughing the way that old men and women do when they can't catch their breath. Then, you laughed so hard that tears started rolling down your face. Pretty soon we were laughing our heads off together and crying. I realized in that moment that you are my best friend! And that I was yours hehehehehehehehe:)

Saying goodbye to you on April 9th 2014 was the worst day of my life, because I know that we wouldn't be able to play for 18 months. But now i get to see you in just a few weeks! And we'll get to play ALL the time! Happy birthday my lil precious I LOVE YOU. BFF'S FOR LIFE!

This past week was a DREAM for many reasons. We were in the beautiful city of KAZAN with my pal sissy Wilson and her trainee sissy Neilson. It was a dang blast running around that big city with each other. I ate THE yummiest middle eastern food called Ploav. It was the best Ploav I've ever had on my whole mission. DANG. I had to go there twice because I couldn't stop dreaming about it. I think that my favorite part was girl chats with sister wilson. She really is on of my best friends, and it was like being in disneyland with your gal-pal. But really. We then had the LONG train-ride back to our beloved Tolyatti. When we got back, I didn't realize how much I missed it while we were gone. I realized that I really do love Tolyatti. It's a great place to end my mission. I hope I get to end here.

On Friday morning, the woman that takes care of the trash at our dome is named "TY". We had met her about 2 weeks earlier and given her the Book of Mormon. She was really interested and even asked for all the brochures that we had, so of course we gave them to her. She didn't want to give us her number though for whatever reason, so we respected her decision and went on our way. Well, on Friday we saw her again during the morning contacting hour. And guess what: she said "GIRLS! This is a sign from God! I have been wanting to see you and talk to you so bad." It turns out that she has been reading the Book of Mormon, and she LOVES IT. She is currently in 2nd Nephi 29 where the Lord is telling us all that there will be another testament of Jesus Christ and not only the Bible. She bore to us her testimony that she really feels that the Book of Mormon is true, and how she's been searching for truth for so long but finally gave up because she couldn't find it. But from reading the Book of Mormon she feels that she has finally found the truth and she wants to meet with us! She gave us her number and we are looking forward to meeting with her this week.

We only had roughly...... 3 days to work in our own area when we got back from Kazan. We saw a lot of miracles too. On Friday evening, we had an appointment set up with this woman named "L". We met her on the streets a weeks ago. We went over, and ended up teaching her the restoration and she said o us "Did you know that I'm Jesus' girlfriend?" hahahaha what? I actually did not know that. So now you all know too. Just kidding. But I honestly didn't know what to say so I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Yeah.... Christ is your brother and He loves you!" So awkward. Came to find out that she has schizophrenia which isn't a big problem, we can work with that. We invited her to come to church with us and she was WAY gung-ho about it! She ended up coming to church yesterday and staying for two hours and she LVOED it. At the end of the 2nd hour, she told us she had to go, but then asked when we could meet again. We agreed to meeting tonight so keep her in your prayers so that she'll be able to recognize the Spirit as we teach her. 

On Saturday something WAY cool happened! I'm a fool and I didn't realize that I ran out of medication. So, we ran to the medicine store which they call "APTEKA" and tried to get my medicine. To my worst surprise they didn't have them. I was really stressed about it so I called President Schwab (he's the DANG pal) and told him all about how it was passed 6 (we are supposed to be contacting from 6-9 at night) and that we should be taking to people but we can't because I really needed to get my medicine. He laughed at me the way he does and then told me not to worry, and to go check as many apteka's as I needed until I could find my pills. He then said "you never know. Maybe there's a nurse at the apteka who needs to meet you." Then, we left and headed to the next Apteka just down the road. We waited in a line. found out they did have my medicine, and then we ended up having a great conversation with the nurse that worked there. We thought "President was right! That lady is so nice." But then, we walked out of the store, and turned left which was weird because we needed to turn right in order to meet our member help.(“BR” himself) We turned left, and said hello to this 75 year old babushka who, by the way, is SO sprite and spunky. And she scanned my arms, and saw the Book of Mormon I was carrying and she said "I have that book. I love that book! These two young men gave this book to me several years ago. I know that the book is from God. Can we PLEASE exchange numbers I really would love for you to come over as guests and then you can teach me all about the book of mormon and all about your church." OKAY! It was awesome. Her name is "NN", and she is really prepared. We look forward to that meeting as well.

AHHHHHHHHHH THE JOY! I can't even express to you how much I wanted to roll around on the unleveled dirty ground. Heavenly Father honestly really does work in mysterious ways. He puts us in the right place at the right time. Because He does so, we were able to meet "NN" and she is really stoked about the Book of Mormon and meeting with us. #ILOVETHEBABUSHKALIFE. I am really grateful that God has a perfect plan with perfect timing. 

In 2 Nephi 31, Nephi is about to prphesy about why Christ was baptized. He tells us in verse three of that chapter "For my soul delighteth in plainess; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth ligiht unto understanding; for He speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding. 

The Lord will work plainly among us. Sometimes He works so plainly that if we aren't paying attention, we may not see His hands in our lives at all. Just like we saw His hand as He put us on a different direction which led us to "NN", who is SO prepared. I love the Lord. I love the simplicity of His gospel, and how plainly and intricately He works among us, and through us to bring to pass His miracles. 

Look for His hand, and you'll see it. Let Him put you on the path where you need to go, and you will be FAR better off than if you hadn't listened to Him, or followed the path which He has pathed for you. 

I LOVE you all. We are in the 50's my friends. It's getting close. SEE. YOU. SOON!


Love SISSY Twede


Last night with the gals.
this dang cute beast named aleesa
 Raduga
The biggest rainstorm EVER. I was soaking wet if you can't tell.

we threw popcorn out the window and it just floated around
look at my new hairclip! suh cute
if you look close enough theres legs in there. 
I may or may not have thought they were real when I first saw them...
House anyone?
"AG" the less active. Poor thing is only less active because she has really bad diabetes and the branch building is too far away from her house :(
Goodbye JL! you just HAD to move to Moscow now didn't you? 
THE DANG PLAOV THOUGH! 
look at this lil' friend i met!
Bauhman street in Kazan

reunited and it feeeels so gooooood

Ploav part 2

KAZAN I LOVE YOU

Love this lil lady
the sensual cat.
 This one is for you Hayd
^.^



The muslim Kremlin

met this lady at the bus station coming home to tolyatti. 
She gave me a tomato, and she's a natural healer. her name is Leena
we were all matching our companions on accident. hahaha shoot.

nighty night my preciouses!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment