Babushka

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I may or may not have thrown a cat at someone...

Want to know a secret? I had to sing in sacrament meeting. We were in missionary meeting before church, and this man in the bishopric asked me to conduct the music in sacrament meeting, and I said yes, and then he asked something else which I THOUGHT had to do with conducting the music, but then to my surprise, in sacrament meeting, "K", the legend (RM in our branch who makes everyone cry from his testimony) announced that I was singing. I had NOOOOO idea. It was really humbling, and really hilarious as I tried to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do. I wish you could've seen the shock on my face haha it really was the worst/ best surprise. I sang because I have been given much. And then, at the end of the song, I looked at the congregation and lots of people were crying because it sounded so bad. hahaha just kiddin, they were crying because they felt the spirit, but still, I think it may be because the other reason. I never realized how much I like to sing though. I don't have the best voice, but it's always so fun to use as a way to help people feel the spirit. 

 At the end of planning every night, I make a list of five things I"m grateful for from that day. Last night on the list, one of the things was "I'm grateful I threw a cat at "S" Here's the Story:

Baba K, the one eyed wonder has a new house mate. His name is "S"., and he is the son of the elders investigator named "L". Well, long story short, he is the silliest human, but in the sense that he really is strange. He is SO angsty. He always says "I love angst." and he has yin yang tattoos and skull tattoos and he wears this creepy silly bandana on his long hair and he always wears a tank top with a burning skull on it and his nipples always fly out. Well, he always talks about antichrist who he believes was christ's brother? So you best believe we whipped out Alma chapter 30 on him last night. GOTCHA! When it started talking about Korihor, he was SUPER intrigued. Then at the end we testified of christ, and he just started saying "I need to see a sign to know that Jesus really did miracles. I won't believe unless I see." And we got so worked up and said "YOU SOUND JUST LIKE KORIHOR! DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE STORY?!" Long story short, he was saying some bad things about Christ and just being really rude and immature so I threw baba "K"'s cat at him. Then I testified of Christ and then he listened because the cat really scared him straight. haha one of the worst things i've done, but it sounds a lot worse than it really was. It was really funny. Let's just say he respects us. And at the end of the lesson he even said, "I believed in Christ once. But I prayed to him and he didn't help me." So that was really cool because now we know more about his history and how to help him find that faith in christ again. I hope you don't think I'm a mean witch now.... it was just the right thing to do at the right time haha.

This week was so stagnant and I hate thinking about it. I have hit this rut where I just feel like I am not progressing, and I don't know how to progress, and it's really hard to not beat myself up about the language, and etc. I know it's just satan though. Our mission has a goal to baptize 140 people this year, and in our mission president's letter to us this week he said, "IT'S CRUNCH TIME." So that's scary. It's just freaky because I definitely see Satan's influence really strong on the people here, and I also see him trying to discourage our mission into believing that there aren't many people that are ready to accept baptism. It's the worst and it's super discouraging, but I know that WE have power to call down miracles from heaven. I have been studying in the book of Mark lately, and it's been soooo cool to read about Christ and his miracles and teachings. I read today how we really do have power to call down miracles, but it's just the act of faith of calling them down which is the hardest part. I am guilty of that too. I don't pray for miracles enough. BUT I know that Satan really attacks hard because the biggest miracles of all are about to happen, so I have faith that BIG things are about to happen! BIG THINGS.

We had a meeting fall through with "A" which was super annoying because she didn't even tell us, she just didn't even show up to the branch building. Our member help who is our branch mission leader lives really far away, so we ended up just talking to him for a few minutes about our area and how we can improve the work. He told us that two sundays ago when President Rushetnikov who is the head honcho in Saratov. Well he was at our branch building, he said "a lot of people will be coming into your branch, lot's of different people; different characters." That really struck me hard when he told us that. We were out last night contacting, and met a woman who really was THE biggest character I have ever met. She was wondering around like a lost puppy. Her story is she had an interview for a job, and she thought that it was morning time, but it was really night time. It was interesting because the spirit inclined my arm with the Book of Mormon in it to her, and just said, "This is yours." She quickly accepted it, and then we got to explain to her why it's important and how it can change her life. She really was probably one of the biggest characters i have met on my mission thus far, and after talking with her the words from President Reshutnikov came into my mind; " lots of different characters."  

I hate to end now but I am all out of time. I love you all and pray for you always. Thanks for your prayers and for writing me. My advice this week READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. just as we need food each day to keep us from being cranky, we need spiritual food. 

Love you all!!


Love sissy T

 new coat
 our yummy honey


we love Penza

No comments:

Post a Comment